We are made up of light frequency. Beings of light.
If you shine light through a prism you will find that the light divides into an array of beautiful colours, consisting of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. These colours perfectly match up with our chakras and their corresponding colours.
Each colour emits its own frequency or vibration, so where red will have a long wave-length, violet will have a short wave-length. These colours and wave-lengths affect and stimulate us in varying ways. For example, the sun emits different radiation rays with varying waves that stimulate the earth, animals, plants, the air, people and everything else that relies on the sun in order to sustain life.
The word Chakra means wheel in sanskrit. Your chakras are spinning funnels (wheels) that take in energy. This energy can come in the form of colour, other peoples emotions, your environment etc. Our modern society have lost touch with the basic need to be around naturally stimulating vibrations and we keep ourselves confined to tar road, in metals cars and sit in gray concrete buildings, almost completely devoid of natures simple and natural colours, vibrations and peaceful energy.
We have 7 main chakras that run in line with the spine. Our bodies have many more chakras, however I will only be mentioning the 7 most relevant chakras now.
Our chakras not only take in energy, but also radiate it and govern various organs in the body. Then your chakras are in balance, their corresponding organs will function correctly and allow you to feel happier and more content with life.
You chakras come become unbalanced when they become blocked, are over-active or under-active.
1. The root chakra. This chakra is at the base of the spine, keeps you rooted to the ground and is related to basic survival requirements such as your financial stability, food, water and shelter. It is paired with the adrenal glands. To read more, click here.
2. The sacral chakra. This is the area of interaction, passion and pleasure. It is located in the pelvic area and governs the gonads. It lets you live in the moment and allows experiences to be created in their fullness. To read more, click here
3. The solar plexus chakra. This chakra relates to power and ego and is connected to the pancreas. It is responsible for personal strength, learning and comprehension. Your sense of self is created here, along with setting personal boundaries and building self esteem and willpower. The ability to bring change into your life and to the world is born within this Chakra. To read more, click here
4. The heart chakra. This chakra is connected to the thymus and is the wellspring of love, warmth, compassion. To read more, click here.
5. The throat chakra. This chakra is located in the region of neck and shoulders and its color is blue. The gift of this chakra is accepting your originality, expressing your authentic voice and speaking your truth. To read more, click here.
6. The third eye chakra. This chakra is responsible to what we refer to as "the sixth sense" and connects to the pineal gland. The Chakra connects us to our internal intuitions and is responsible for the sharp senses, the ability to read the future and receive non-verbal messages. Through the Third Eye we communicate with the world and can even receive messages from the past and from the future. It grants us our sense of observation. To read more, click here.
7. The crown chakra. If you sense a loss of meaning and identity, your Crown Chakra may be unbalanced. It connects to the pineal gland. Sahasrara is a bridge to the cosmos, it is a spiritual connection, and through it you can reach your higher potential. It is the energy of knowingness and enlightenment. To read more, click here.
The 7 characteristics of these chakras are at the core of human development and potential. It is also the centre of many of our issues, concerns and worries.
You may have noticed how some people over-express their egos or shy away from integration or feel lost in life. These issues stem from unbalanced chakras and can be remedied.
What can you do to balance your chakras?
Some simple methods and techniques sit at your very finger-tips. Once you have a basic understanding of your chakras, you can begin to incorporate easy methods to help balance them.
For example, if you are feeling a lack of compassion and love, try wearing green and get back into nature.
The sun is the most available and abundant source of healing energy. It will give all your chakras an equal boost and will leave you feeling great.
natural whole foods like fruit and vegetables are also an excellent source of chakra balance potential. If your passion and pleasure for life has diminished, eat bananas and pineapple. There are so many beautiful colours in our food that we have at our disposal.
Its time to start eating healthy again!
Go for a healing session. It is the spiritual healing for your chakras and will bring them back into balance. Universal energy runs through the hands of the practitioner and pours gently into the body of the person needing healing.
Go on a diet! I don't just mean eat better! I mean eat healthier, be kinder to people and yourself. Free yourself from imprisoning negative thoughts and behaviours. Get in touch with all of nature. Drink water. Avoid toxic people.
You body, mind and spirit are the most important elements in your life. Your life is precious and a gift to the world. Learn to appreciate your total health in mind, body and spirit.
Thanks for reading,